Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Follow-up testing

I'll admit to being a little anxious about the endoscopy today, but figured that in the grand scheme of things, it had to be less traumatic than my time in this hospital last month. For one thing, this time,  I only had to fast from midnight until the time of the procedure. Although, it seemed a little insensitive for the waiting room to have a sign on the refrigerator telling family member to help themselves to complimentary refreshments, but reminding patients: NO FOOD FOR YOU!



And right after I notice that, I heard a voice from the hallway inviting family member to come and get some coffee, tea, or hot chocolate--but of course patients awaiting an endoscopy could not have any. Really, couldn't you have found some way to discreetly make the family members aware of this, without reminding me of how hungry I was. In the grand scheme of things hot a huge thing, but I did have a bit of a rumbly in my tumbly and could have done without any additional reminders of how much I really would like to eat something.


The procedure today wasn't all that bad, and it's nice to know that my stomach and esophagus have healed.

No comments: