Thursday, August 1, 2013

Perkins workin' the bling

You may recall that a few days ago, Perkins' collar broke loose, and Perkins took the opportunity to go on a merry romp through the neighborhood. The experience was NOT so merry for me, who still had geriatric Winnie in tow, and was dealing with a twisted ankle. But there was no way I could go back home for reinforcements, or I would have lost sight of where Perkins had gone off to.

Anyway, Demetrius has come up with a solution to the problem, which is to use a second chain (originally used as a choke chain) to attach Perkins' prong collar to his harness. This way, if the prong collar becomes unlatched again, at least SOMETHING is still attached to Perkins. Now my boy is sporting quite a bit of metal (the prong collar is somewhat hidden in his fur, so you can't see it all that well.

But it's making me think that I should go all out and get some big honkin' medallions to hang from his collar while we're at it.



No comments: